Chicken Tacos with Salsa Verde
Looking for a healthier alternative for Taco Tuesday? We’ve got the recipe to Chicken Tacos with Salsa Verde!
Share this recipe:
- In a medium saucepan, boil 2 cups of water with tomatillos and cook until tender. Remove from heat, drain and cool.
- In a blender, puree the tomatillos; set salsa aside.
For the Chicken:
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, Mrs. Dash, and pepper. Rub mixture over chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining ½ tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat; add onion, celery, carrots, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown. Add chicken, 2 cups of salsa and 1/2 cup of broth. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove chicken to a large bowl using a spoon; shred with two forks.
- Warm tortillas and fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup mixture, 1 teaspoon cheese, 1 teaspoon salsa and half a teaspoon of cilantro. Serve with lime wedges if desired.